What is Google Play Protect? How does it work?- If there is no app in your smartphone, then that smartphone is of no use because you will not be able to use any function well through it. There are many different features and data present in these apps through which they are used. There are also many of them that contain viruses, to protect it, Google has created Google Play Protect. In this article, we will tell you what is Google Play Protect? How does it work?
In today’s time, a lot of people download and use many apps through the Google Play Store. But there are also many apps that are created with the aim of stealing people’s data and hacking their smartphones. Not only this, a lot of people download any app from anywhere other than the third party app i.e. Google Play Store. Downloading such an app may threaten your privacy and data.
What is Google Play Protect?
In today’s time, we all have a lot of app installs in our smartphones and we use different apps for different purposes. But there are also some in it that prove to be harmful to our privacy and data. Google Play Protect protects you with such an app. In today’s time, a lot of people download a third-party app that may contain malware or viruses.
If you download another party app then google play store provides you with the help of google play protect and it tells you that you have downloaded this app it may contain a virus and it can damage your smartphone. By looking at this, users can install that app.
For your information, let us know that Google Play Protect is not an app but it is a service rule issued by the Google Play Store that helps you to make the app present in any smartphone secure. Because day by day, there were reports of data theft from Android smartphones, in view of this, Google took a step towards improving smartphone security.
How Does Google Play Protect Works?
Google Play Protect monitors all the apps available in the Play Store. If he sees any app in the Google Play Store that could prove to be harmful to any smartphone then he removes it. You may have seen a lot of apps that are not found on the Google Play Store but have to go to their official website to download it.
It’s not that if you download an app from a third-party website, it’s not safe for your smartphone. There are also many apps that are safe for your smartphone, but they violate the terms and conditions created by the Google Play Store, so they do not find a place in the Google Play Store.
For example, if you want to download a fantasy app, then such apps will not be available in the Play Store. Because the rule of Google Play Store in India is that no app should be made available to users in which there is a system of investing money and winning money. Any Fantasy App or any teen patti, poker, snooker, etc. such apps that allow you to win money by investing money are not all found in the Play Store.
How to Enable Google Play Protect?
As we told you that Google Play Protect is not an app but a service that you have to activate. To activate Google Play Protect, follow the process mentioned below step by step.
- To activate Google Play Protect, first of all, go to your phone’s settings and open Google.
- After opening Google, click on the Security option.
- In the security option, you will see Google Play Protect. If google play protect is not acrivate, activate it.
- Also, go to the Google Play Store and click on your profile.
- At the top of the here, you will see manage apps and device written on it, click on it.
- Here, in the first option itself, you will see an overview of the apps, in which it will be written above how many harmful apps are installed in your smartphone.
- If there is no Harmful App Installed in your smartphone, then No Harmful Apps Found will be written here.
- As soon as you click on it, you will see the option of scan. But click on the settings icon on the top right corner will appear.
- Here you will see Scan Apps with Play Protect at the top and Improve Harmful App Detection at the bottom.
- Turn on the toggle of these two, if these two are already on toggle then leave it.